Is there anything that says spring more than roasted carrot and ginger soup? Whether you are seeking a quick meal or just looking for a way to use all of those spring carrots, this soup recipe fits the bill. Here is how to make the roasted carrot ginger soup recipe.
THE BENEFITS OF GINGER
As the weather shifts, the fluctuation in the temperature can be challenging for our bodies to handle. Ginger is a wonderful ingredient to add to your springtime recipes for its warming qualities and other health benefits as described in this article from John Hopkins Medicine. Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea qualities. In soups, it lends a natural spice without the need to add ground pepper or nightshades to meals. Making it a beneficial ingredient for anyone struggling with allergies or food sensitivities.
THE BENEFITS OF CARROTS FOR YOUR HEALTH
Low in fat and souluable fat, carrots are a healthy ingredient to add to anyone’s diet. Each carrit contains a high amount of nutrients and vitamins, and fresh spring carrots are sweet without the high sugar count.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED CARROT AND GINGER SOUP
Our family has been making this quick and simple soup for years and it is one of our favorite go-to recipes. The roasted carrots and vegetables are filling, delicious, and packed with nutrition. You won’t need to pair the soup with a heavy side course to feel satisfied after eating.
2 tablespoons of olive oil, plus more for drizzling
5-6 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2, one inch pieces of fresh ginger peeled and diced
5-6 cloves of fresh garlic crushed
6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup whole milk or cream or alternative milk
salt and ground pepper to taste
Large handled pot
blender or imersion blender
large spoon and ladel
STEPS TO MAKE CARROT AND GINGER SOUP
- To make the roasted carrot and ginger soup, begin by chopping one onion and crushing five garlic cloves. Then, add the onion, and garlic to your soup pot with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Allow the onion and garlic to soften for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the carrots and sweet potato to the soup pot. Stir a few times and then allow to sit in the pot at medium heat, Allow carrots and potatoes to brown and almost burn on one side before stirring. Brown on several sides of the onion and carrots for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the diced ginger and the broth. Bring the soup to a boil, and once boiling, turn the heat down and let simmer for 5 minutes or until the carrits and potatoes are soft.
- Once the vegetables are soft but not mushy, use an immersion blender or ladel the soup contents into a blender and blend the soup until smooth.
- If you’re ladeling the soup into a standing blender, keep a large bowl next to the blender to pour the soup into in between the blending. When all of the soup is blended, return the soup to the soup pot.
- Stir in one cup of milk, cream, or alternative milk to the soup and add salt to taste.
- Serve the soup drizzled with olive oil and topped with cream and freshly ground pepper.
- 5-6 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled & chopped
- 2, 1-inch pieces of fresh ginger, peeled & diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk or alternative milk
- salt to taste
- Add the oil, onions, and garlic to a pot and stir while allowing them to wilt and brown slightly.
- Next, add the carrots and sweet potato to the pot and cook for 5-10 minutes until all ingredients are slightly browned.
- Add the fresh ginger and broth and bring the soup to a bowl and then drop the temperature to low. and simmer on low for 20 minutes or until all of the vegetables are soft.
- Once cooked through, use an immersion blender to blend the soup, or ladle the soup into a standing blender and blend until smooth. Your soup should have no chunks abe entirely smooth.
- Return the doup to the pot, stir in the milk (cream or alternative milk), and season with salt to taste.
- To serve, drizzle the soup with cream, vinegar, or top with olive oil and fresh herbs.