If you’re like me, and you’re looking forward to roasting pumpkin seeds this fall, then you are going to love this super easy and delicious perfectly roasted fresh pumpkin seeds recipe.
All Things Fall
Tis’ the season for cozy cooking, decorating with pumpkins, and making the most of the late fall harvest. This is my favorite time of year, and I look forward to Halloween as the end of Spooky season and the true beginning of pumpkin season!
There are so many ways to use fresh pumpkins, and one of my favorite parts to use are the seeds! Perfectly roasted fresh pumpkin seeds make a great snack and are beloved by everyone in my home.
No matter how I season the seeds, they are gobbled up in minutes. It’s taken me a better part of a decade to get the roasting time and process just right. I’ve tried everything from soaking the seeds in saltwater, to covering them in oil and seasoning and letting them sit for 24+ hours. I’m here to tell you, simpler is better when it comes to cooking and prepping pumpkin seeds.
Many Ways to Season Perfectly Roasted Fresh Pumpkin Seeds
A quick survey on my Instagram account revealed some of the best ways to season roasted pumpkin seeds. The responses were so fun!
From sweet to savory to in between, I am blown away by the many different flavors people enjoy seasoning their pumpkin seeds.
My Favorite Pumpkin Seed Flavors:
- Seasoning with garlic salt and olive oil
- Roasting with honey or maple syrup
- Drieddill and onion powder for a dill pickle flavor
- Cinnamon and Sugar for a cozy autumn spice
Should I Clean My Pumpkin Seeds Before Roasting?
Yes! Clean your pumpkin seeds well before roasting. You can do this by placing your freshly scooped pumpkin seeds into a colander and running them under cold water. Remove any bits of the fresh pumpkin flesh from the seeds. Toss the seeds around to loosen the pumpkin flesh. Keep washing until the seeds are clean. Collect the pumpkin strings as you remove them from the seeds in a bowl or on a piece of parchment paper on your counter. You can throw away or compost the pumpkin strings (Our chickens love these!).
How to Make Perfectly Roasted Fresh Pumpkin Seeds
- Add the rinsed seeds into a bowl and add 1 tabls of oil and salt. Toss to combine and fully cover the seeds.
- Then, pour the seasoned pumpkin seeds onto your parhment paper covered or silicon mat covered cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and back at 325 degrees farenheight for 20-30 minutes.
- If you’re not in a hurry, set your pumpkin seeds out to dry overnight before seasoning. This will create an even crispier roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Taste the seeds and adjust the seasoning to your prefered taste.
Perfectly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Make this simple and quick roasted fresh pumpkin seed recipe from the seeds from fresh pumpkins!
- 1-2 Cups Fresh Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tbls Salt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- First, rinse the pumpkin seeds by placing them in a colander and running them under cold water. Remove any strings or fresh pumpkin pieces from the seeds.
- Next, pour the washed pumpkin seeds into a bowl and dry with a cloth towel. Then, add the salt and olive oil and toss until the seeds are well coated.
- Then, pour the seasoned seeds onto a covered cookie sheet. Use parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Set the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the seeds for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. The seeds will crisp up more as they cool.
- Eat and enjoy, or store in an air-tight container at room temperature up to 5-7 days.
Leave a Reply